

I have heard my family quote Charles W. Dahlquist (Young Men General President) many times over the past year. At the April 2009 General Conference Training Workshop he spoke of many things, but one in particular was to"Do Hard Things." I was thinking about this yesterday after a long weekend of being alone while John was on-call at the hospital. After picking the kids up from school and getting in trouble again because I didn't have my car tag(some little person in my car takes it down and then I can't find it, I won't mention names)I finally broke down in tears when I got home to John. I told him I was to tired to do this any more. Instead of agreeing with me he reminded me of how far we have come. A few years ago I would have told you I would never have a baby in the middle of John's 3rd year of medical school. And now we are awaiting our fourth baby in just a few weeks. I would have never believed this when we first started. With complications throughout this pregnancy, a busy husband, and a family to take care of I look back and can't believe how far I have come. John was right. Today I read Bro. Dahlquists talk and it enlightened me to try harder and "Do (more) Hard Things." I wish I was more like John. I am so lucky to have him in my life.
I have been wanting to put some of our Thanksgiving pictures up and finally got to it today. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. John's sister Jamie and her family came into town to spend the holiday with us as well as our good friends from our ward/school. We went back to the Great Wolf Lodge for Thanksgiving Dinner. It was YUMMY of course and then spent the rest of the weekend playing games and spending time with our visitors. It was so nice to have them here. We haven't spent Thanksgiving with family since we moved here. I hope we get to see them very soon again. It is so nice to family sort of near by.
6 comments:
I've been feeling the same way . . . trying to deal with the accident aftermath while Dave goes to conferences . . . thanks for the reminder. Good luck with your labor and delivery!
You really can pat yourself on the back for all you've gone through and accomplished! And you can cry about it too!! Jared and I always refer to you and how well you deal with all the "hard things" you do and it reminds us to have a better attitude about whatever small thing we're complaining about at the time. I hope you have a lot of support through this time and everything goes well with having the baby!! We love you both and pray for you both all the time.
MiaLisa,
I'm so proud of you all. You are right--you are "doing hard things," and its worth it. I hope that you are all well and happy. Have a very Merry Christmas, the happiest of New Years, and a healthy new baby!
Love, Aunt Jill
I'm glad we were able to spend Thanksgiving with you guys and I'm glad you guys live close by!
I'll have to read that talk again. What a great reminder and testimony for all of us. It's so easy to whine or "think our lot is hard" but with the Lord we can do hard things.
I can't wait to hear about Elliot's little brother. Hope everything goes well. Beautiful pictures, by the way. My kids can't believe how much your girls have changed.
MiaLisa, I think you are amazing. I think you have always been doing hard things, and with grace and style :) I can't believe your new little baby will be here in (about?) 5 days-!! Early congrats, and good luck! We'll be thinking about y'all. Love ya!
Post a Comment